First Virtually, then On-site!
We build your project first virtually, along with 3D modeling every component using BIM and clash detection technology. Let us see how clash detection technology helps us identify any clashes/errors in the project before On-site execution, resulting in Error-Free construction.
What is Clash Detection?
- Clash Detection is a part of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process wherein experts like contractors, sub-contractors, architects, project workers, sub-workers, and so on, can distinguish the conflicts in the construction cycle early on, and resolve them when still within the structural design discipline.
- For this, a 3D BIM Model proves to be of great help settling conflicts in no time through a computerized approach so that there could be potential time, money, manpower, and resource-saving during that actual construction.
What do Clashes look like On-site?
- 1. Various structural elements are not in place as per the drawings.
- 2. Unexpected ceiling drops to accommodate HVAC Ducting.
- 3. When you try to place a slab on a set of walls that do not make contact with each other.
- 4. Air-conditioning duct running through a load-bearing wall.
- 5. MEP components like air conditioning units, heaters, etc. having a common buffer space.
- 6. The size of the door is larger than the opening span in the framing.
- 7. Pipework having a clash with a beam.
Why Clash Detection is Important?
- Clash detection aids in effectively identifying, inspecting, and reporting interference in a construction project model.
- It’s useful in checking work status and wanes down human errors during model inspections.
- Clash detection is important because it integrates several models (structural, MEP, etc.) into a single BIM model. With the clash detection feature, faults that conventionally were detected on the site and involved high cost and schedule implications, if corrected at that stage.
According to a McKinsey report, rework in construction accounts for almost 30% of overall construction cost in a typical project, and 98% of megaprojects overshoot their budgets by at least 30%, while 77% projects are 40% late in construction schedule.Did You Know?
Process of Clash Detection and Resolution
Benefits of Clash Detection
1. Reduced Cost Overrun
While it depends on the circumstances, a clash or conflict found during construction can cost thousands of dollars and weeks of the project schedule depending on the nature of the clash and at what stage of the process it is found. By using clash detection we can completely eliminate the risk of cost of construction going beyond the estimated cost.
The Barlish and Sullivan study, which looked at 5 commercial projects, reported an average of 42% reduction in the cost of Change Orders, 50% reduction in RFIs (Request for Information), and 5% reduction in overall project cost.Did You Know?
2. Faster Construction
- Clash Detection helps Eliminating delays in construction due to disputes between the design and execution phase.
- The Clash detection capabilities with a real-time reflection into all the visuals make the construction process faster without room for error due to negligence during design phase.
3. Better Co-ordination Between Trades
- The use of a Clash detection procedure allows project teams to easily share information.
- Clash detection ensures quick knowledge transfer and efficient coordination between members of various trades of the construction process, engineering, and design.
4. No Change Orders
- When everything is planned, visualized and managed using Clash Detection during the design stage itself, it prevents occurrence of change orders during the construction phase.
- As everything is examined as a 3D model, distinguishing clashes gets simpler, eliminating making changes on-site, settling issues at the planning phase.
5. Improved Quality- with No Band-aids
- Clash detection helps reduction in changes during the construction phase.
- As less rework on site will help Band Aid Free construction, it will ultimately contribute to keeping the construction quality intact.
6. On-Time delivery
- Many times construction is delayed owing to lack of coordination, lack of positive communication between teams and errors while implementing the project.
- Use of Clash Detection helps Delivery of project on time as it contributes to detection of clashes prior to construction phase, resulting in execution as per the planning and scheduling.